Anxiety is a common mental health condition, which can lead to feelings of fear, worry, or tension. For many people, anxiety may also cause panic attacks as well as extreme physical symptoms, such as chest pain.
The causes of anxiety include physical conditions, mental conditions, the adverse effects of certain drugs, or a combination of these.
Some common external reasons that can cause anxiety are as follows:
- Stress at the workplace
- Stress from school
- Financial stress
- Stress in personal relationships, like marriage
- Stress from a highly emotional trauma like the death of a partner or loved one
- Side effects of medication
- Stress from a grave medical illness
- Symptoms of a medical illness (like heat stroke, heart attack, hypoglycemia)
- Use of illicit drugs, like cocaine or LSD
- Lack of oxygen in various circumstances as diverse as emphysema, high altitude sickness, or pulmonary embolism
Natural Remedies for Anxiety
You can control anxiety by trying the following natural remedies.
If you are feeling jittery and anxious, a cup of chamomile tea can help calm you down. A few compounds in chamomile tend to bind to the same receptors in your brain as drugs, such as Valium.
Get Proper Sleep
Insomnia is one of the most common symptoms of anxiety. You should make sleep your priority by:
- Sleeping only at night, when you feel tired
- Not using your tablet, phone, or computer in bed
- Not watching TV or reading in bed
- Avoiding caffeine, nicotine and large meals before bedtime
- Writing down all your worries and apprehensions before you go to bed
- Keeping your bedroom dark, comfy and cool
- Going to bed at the same time every night
Take a Warm Bath with Amazing Epsom Salts
You may know a soothing warm bath is relaxing and calming. Moreover, raising your body heat can help regulate your anxiety and mood. Add some Epsom salts for added benefits. This is because the magnesium sulfate in Epsom salts relieves anxiety as well as lowers your blood pressure.
In addition, you may try adding vanilla or lavender essential oils to the bathwater to reap all the amazing benefits of these wonderful and calming scents.
Eat these Foods to Relieve Anxiety
- Peaches and blueberries contain nutrients, which help relieve stress and have a calming effect on your mind.
- Whole grains are rich in magnesium as well as tryptophan, a great amino acid that your body can convert to serotonin, which can calm and relax your mood.
- Oats can also improve serotonin production in your body and are rich in fiber, which can help prevent blood sugar spikes that affect your mood.
- Avocados, milk, eggs, and meat are all rich in B vitamins that could help prevent anxiety.
Cut Out Caffeine
Caffeine can boost your energy, which makes you jittery and anxious. So, in case you cannot go cold turkey, try to reduce your consumption by a cup each day. It is likely that you will notice a decrease in the anxiety symptoms.
In addition, you can try to switch to a drink that contains less caffeine and more health benefits, like green tea.
Cannabidiol (CBD) is an incredibly powerful natural compound, which plays a vital role in treating several pathologies and does not cause harmful side effects. It is a great natural treatment for anxiety. According to a number of scientific studies, CBD can relieve anxiety by effectively acting on the annoying parts of your brain that are responsible for triggering stress and anxiety, including serotonin receptors. Note that CBD not just treats the various symptoms of anxiety but it also works as an effective antipsychotic, Moreover, CBD alleviates disorders in schizophrenia or bipolar patients by restricting the adverse effects triggered by psychotropic drugs.
How to Administer CBD
The most suitable and efficient delivery system for CBD is one that provides an appropriate dose for a desired period with few side effects. You can take CBD-rich oil products orally (as edibles, beverages, lozenges, tinctures, and even gel caps), sublingually, or apply them topically.
You can also inhale concentrated cannabis oil extracts with a vape pen, such as PhenoPen. Inhalation is great for the treatment of acute symptoms, which require immediate attention, such as anxiety.
Possible Side Effects
CBD is an extremely safe substance. That said, it may interact with several common pharmaceuticals. At requisite dosages, CBD can deactivate your cytochrome P450 enzymes. Hence, it alters how you metabolize statins, painkillers, blood thinners, insulin and more.
Although CBD-drug interactions could be dangerous, they also help mitigate or eliminate side effects and synergistically improve a patient’s overall quality of life.
This reason is why CBD is gradually becoming the Holy Grail for various therapeutic purposes. So, what are you waiting for ?